Compassion for Citations
Compassion for Citations is a program that allows students to volunteer for two hours to receive forgiveness for $35 (1 citation) on their Transportation Services account. In total, students can receive credit for up to 4 hours of volunteering ($70 – 2 citations).
The program runs from Monday, Dec. 17, 2018 to 6 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1, 2019. Any forms received after 6 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1, 2019 will not be eligible for credit.
How to get credit:
Download and print this form.
Make sure you’re volunteering at an approved organization, found on this list, between Monday, Dec. 17, 2018 and Friday, Feb. 1, 2019.
Perform your volunteer hours and make sure your volunteer supervisor signs the form.
Bring the form back to campus between Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019 and Friday, Feb. 1, 2019 to get a representative from the Center for Leadership and Service in the Union, Suite 345, to sign during business hours.
Either deliver the form in person at the Transportation Services office on the first floor of the Highland Street Garage Monday to Friday between 7:30 am and 6 pm or send via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line “Compassion”.
- Why do this program during break and not during the semester? We believe that winter break is the perfect opportunity for students to volunteer 2-4 hours of their day without worrying about having to balance it with homework and/or classes.
- Can students get credit for volunteering anywhere, especially if they go home to another state before the program starts? Unfortunately, at this time, we can only accept volunteer work with Denton community partners. A list of possible volunteer opportunities can be found here.
- How many citations can I receive credit for if I volunteer over 2-4 hours? We will forgive up to $70 (two citations).
- Can I volunteer for 4 hours and apply all of it to one citation? It depends on the citation. Email email@example.com, Subject Line “Compassion” to get feedback on your specific situation.
- Are there any citations that aren’t eligible for this program? There are some citations that aren’t eligible, including towing citations, citations for parking in a fire lane and citations for parking in an accessible space. If you aren’t sure if your citation is eligible, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line “Compassion” to get feedback on your specific situation.
- Do forms have to be delivered in person? No. Completed forms can be submitted in person or via email at email@example.com.