To purchase permits please visit: UNT Parking Portal
Types of Permits:
AA Permit Holders (Red Permit)
The holder of this permit may park in any space on campus except in reserved spaces in Lots 1, 2, 3, and 18; ADA spaces; No Parking areas; and fire lanes. A University or personal vehicle displaying this permit may park in any time zone or service/state vehicle space while being used for University business.
“A” Faculty & Staff Permit Holders (Green Permit)
“A” Reserved permits may only be purchased by full-time faculty and staff. Faculty and staff on a sabbatical are also eligible for these permits providing that they purchase the permit for the duration of the sabbatical; these customers will be moved to the bottom of the corresponding waiting list if they do not purchase a permit for the duration of their sabbatical.
Faculty and staff may park their vehicle in their designated space or lot or any "FS” or “Eagle” space. The subleasing of reserved "A" parking spaces is prohibited. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for "A" spaces are indicated in Appendix A. Reserved “A” spaces and lots are enforced 7:00am to 5:30pm, Monday – Friday when the University is open.
Vehicles parked in a reserved parking lot without the appropriate permit are subject to being cited, impounded, or immobilized immediately. After 5:30pm, unauthorized vehicles will be towed. The towing fee is issued as a separate citation. The fees can be found in Appendix C - .
“F/S” Faculty/Staff Permit Holders (Blue Permit)
This permit is for faculty and staff and non-UNT employees working on campus in support of UNT operations. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “FS” lots and spaces are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “TF”, “A”, “HD”, and specialty permits indicating “FS” spaces are honored in “FS” spaces.
• “FS” spaces located within the resident parking areas are enforced 24/7/365 and are identified by signs.
“TF” Teaching Fellow Permit Holders (Black, Yellow, or Purple Permit)
This permit is sold by the semester to Teaching Fellows. Each department will provide a list of current Teaching Fellows to Transportation Services for verification.
• “TF” permits are honored in all “FS”, and “Eagle” spaces at any time. "FS" permit holders may also park in "eagle" lots at any time.
“HD” Hall Director Permit Holders (Light Blue Permit)
This permit is sold to Hall Directors and their spouses only. These spaces are reserved 24 hours, seven days a week.
• “HD” permits are honored in all “HD”, “R” and “FS” spaces.
“HF” Honorary Retiree Faculty & Staff Permit Holders (Gold Permit)
This is a complimentary permit for retirees of the University who occasionally visit campus. Occasionally is defined as a maximum of five days per month.
• This permit may not to be used while working or attending class.
• This permit is honored in all spaces zoned “FS”, “Eagle”, and visitor spaces across campus.
• If a UNT Retiree returns to UNT to perform compensated employment activities, the “HF” permit is invalid and an appropriate permit must be purchased.
“R” Student Resident Permit Holders (Orange Permit)
Students must live in a residence hall to be eligible for this permit. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “R” spaces are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “R” permits are honored in all spaces zoned “R”.
• Residence Hall permits must be returned to Transportation Services when moving out of the residence halls. The “R” permit can be exchanged for an “Eagle” permit.
• The “R” permits are not to be used to park in any Hall Director “HD” space at any time. Vehicles parked in an HD parking space without the appropriate HD permit are subject to being impounded immediately. HD spaces are reserved at all times.
“HSG-R” Student Resident Garage Access Permit Holders (Orange/Green Permit)
Students must live in the residence halls to be eligible for this permit. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “HSG-R” spaces are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “HSG-R” decals must be affixed to the outside of the rear windshield on the passenger side. Vehicles must be parked head-in.
• “HSG-R” permits are purchased online and are available to pick up at the Transportation Services office.
• “HSG-R” permits are only valid on floors 4 through 7, including the ramp between floors 3 and 4, in the Highland Street Garage. This permit is not valid in ground parking lots.
• Sharing of garage access cards (Pass back) is prohibited and is considered Theft of Service in the State of Texas. If a pass back action is detected the system will automatically terminate your access card and your parking privileges will be revoked. No refund will be issued.
“EAGLE” Eagle Permit Holders (Gold Permit)
This permit is available to all students living off campus. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “Eagle” permits are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “Eagle” permits are honored in all spaces zoned “Eagle”.
“RS” Remote Student Permit (Light Green Permit)
This permit is available to all customers. This is intended as a lower-cost option where parking is available in remote areas of campus. Pedestrian access to campus and bus service will be available. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “RS” permits are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “RS” permits are honored in all spaces zoned “RS”.
“V” Vendor Permit Holders (Purple Permit)
Vendor permits may be purchased at the Transportation Services office. They are for use by companies providing the University with goods or services. Proof of eligibility is required at time of purchase and consists of:
• A letter on company letterhead affirming that the company does business with UNT, and
• The individual requesting a Vendor permit is an employee of said company
Vendor permits are honored in any space zoned “Eagle”, “FS”, Service, or Visitor for a maximum of two hours, or in any time zone for the posted time limit. Vendor permits are only honored when the permit holder is conducting legitimate business with UNT. Personal use of a vendor permit is prohibited.
Motorcycle, Motorbike, Motor Scooter Permit Holders
Any motor vehicle (see Regulation 2.5) with two wheels is required to park in a space zoned “Motorcycle”. This excludes “A” permit holders who may park in their designated space or lot. Permits must be permanently affixed on the left front fork of the vehicle or in a lockable, UNT-issued permit sleeve where it can be seen without difficulty.