The University of North Texas’ on-demand service has been helping students get around campus safely for over a decade in various forms.
e-ride phone number
e-ride Hours of Operation
Fall and Spring hours:
Monday – Thursday from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday – Sunday from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
e-ride doesn't operate during summer
Additional information about e-ride:
1. Service is operated by UNT Transportation Services utilizing student dispatchers using the Lyft service.
2. e-ride on-demand callers will give first and last name, phone number, # of riders, requested pick up location and destination at the time of call
(ride must start and end in Lyft geofenced area)
3. Estimated time of arrival will be given to rider by dispatcher. Actual response time may vary.
4. Only the scheduled riders will be allowed to ride.
5. Vehicles will be UNT marked.
6. After 2 a.m., riders will need to use the Lyft app to schedule a ride.
If you are in a building that is near a bus stop for the Mean Green Night Rider, you will be asked to utilize the bus. If there is a reason that you feel you are unable to use the bus, please let the dispatcher know when you call.
Monday – Sunday from 2 a.m. – 7 a.m.
Additional Information about Lyft after 2 a.m.:
1. To utlize Lyft after 2 a.m., you will need to use the Lyft app and create a personal user account.
2. Service will be on–campus only for students age 18 or older with a valid student ID
3. Before requesting a trip, select “Promos” in the Lyft app and add the code “UNTSPRING20”. This will give each user up to 120 rides.
4. Rides must begin and end with the UNT Lyft Zone, which can be found in the promotional section of the app by selecting “view coverage area”.
5. The free ride discount will be automatically applied to any eligible trip within the designated UNT Lyft Zone between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m.
6. Vehicles will be Lyft marked.
7. Due to Discovery Park Gates closing at midnight, Lyft service cannot be offered there.
For late night route service click here for Mean Green Night Rider