If you don't have a bike or car, you can easily rent one to get around the UNT campus and the surrounding community. We partner with the following services to offer our UNT community options for transit.
As of Sept. 8, 2020, we have confirmed that Veo no longer served the UNT campus.
If you had a contract for a semester or year, according to Veo’s FAQ page they may offer a refund but you’ll need to request one through the refund form in their app.
Current transit options for students include including daily bus service maintained by DCTA, Zipcar rental cars, e-Ride evening service and early morning Lyft service for free rides on campus – information for both can be found here.
We are researching bike transit alternatives and will update this page as soon as we have more information to share.
Bicycle shops and resources in Denton include:
- Bullseye Bike Shop, 700 W. Hickory St, 940-435-0488. Website: dentonbikeshop.com
- Denton Bicycle Center, 1700 N. Elm St, 940-387-9314. Website: dentonbicycle.com
- Second Hand Sports & Game Swap, 204 E. McKinney St, 940-898-8733. Website: shsdfw.com
- Sprockets Bicycle Shop, 231 W. Hickory St, 940-784-3143. Website: sprocketsdenton.com
- Velo Republic, 219 Fort Worth Dr, 940-387-4283. Website: velopublicbikes.com
- Walmart Denton locations: 1515 S. Loop 288 and 2750 W. University Drive
- Target Denton location: 1801 S. Loop 288
UNT partners with car-share service Zipcar to provide rental cars on campus. There are two cars that can be found outside of Crumley Hall or in Lot 49. Google directions to Crumley Hall. Google directions to Lot 39.
The first step is to sign up via the Zipcar website. You will need to be approved to ride with Zipcar and they will send you further information and an access card that you will use when renting the car.
Once you have your access card, you can book a car in advance. The cars are maintained by Zipcar and insurance is included in your membership.
UNT students, as well as UNT faculty and staff, can sign up for a Zipcar membership and use the cars.