Parking Rates for FALL 2016 to SUMMER 2017
See current bus routes for UNT and transportation notices
Check our FAQ page for access to commonly asked questions.
Received a citation and unsure what to do next?
Campus Parking Map
Current campus parking map
Rules and Regulations
Transportation Services Rules and Regulations
University of North Texas Transportation Services
Our job is to provide transportation within and around the UNT campus.
At the end of your online purchase, there will be a notification box at the bottom of the page that will direct you to your printable temporary permit. This permit will be valid until you actual permit arrives in the mail.
We at Transportation Services offer several different options for event participants:
· It is possible to attend UNT for four (4) years, park on campus every day and never receive a parking ticket if you comply with the parking rules and regulations.
· We always have parking available on class days; however, that parking may not be next to the building or the individual’s parking lot of choice.
Permit prices are established based upon a number of factors, primarily including:
· Location of spaces – the closer or more preferred the location the more expensive. The same principle is used at the airport where ‘terminal” parking is significantly more expensive than “remote” parking.
Our costs to provide and operate our parking program have increased significantly:
· Asphalt for repaving – on average increased 74% with significant expected increases as oil prices continue to rise in the marketplace
· Cement for concrete paving – on average increased 160% with additional increases expected in the short term
Please bring your student, Faculty, or Staff ID to the UNT Parking office, located on the first floor of the Highland Street Parking Garage, just east of the Business Leadership Building. 20-minute parking on Ave A is available.
Please bring your student ID to the UNT Parking office, located on the first floor of the Highland Street Parking Garage, the entrance to the Parking Office is on the west side of the garage directly across from the Business Leadership Building. 20-minute parking on Ave A is available. We will be able to help you get a replacement permit if necessary.
If you own a UNT Parking Permit, you can transfer the permit from your regular vehicle to the rental car; the sticker is made to move from one vehicle to another. If you do not have a UNT parking permit, you will need to purchase a temporary day pass from the UNT Parking office, or pay to park in an hourly areas.
If you have two or more vehicles you will be driving to campus, you will need to register your second/other vehicle at transportation.unt.edu. Click on- “manage my account” and then “add a vehicle”. Note that ONLY 1 permit is allowed per customer. Permits can be transferred between multiple vehicles if needed.