Parking Rates for FALL 2018 to SUMMER 2019
To purchase a permit please visit: UNT Parking Portal
|PERMIT TYPE||PERMIT COST||VALID|
|A – Reserved||$650.00||Annual|
|FS – Faculty/Staff||$225.00||Annual|
|Eagle Fall (Avaliable for students graduating December 2018)||Fall $125.00||Fall Semester|
|R – Resident||$250.00||Annual|
|RR – Resident Reserved||$375.00||Annual|
FCS – Freshmen Resident
|EVN - Evening Only||$137.00||Annual|
|Highland Street Garage Annual (non-reserved)||$650.00||Annual|
|Highland Street Garage Fall (non-reserved)||$350.00||Fall 2017|
|Highland Street Garage Spring (non-reserved)||$350.00||Spring 2018|
|Highland Street Garage Summer (non-reserved)||$200.00||Summer 2018|
|Highland Street Garage Reserved||$1200.00||Annual|
|HD – Hall Director||$650.00||Annual|
|TF – Teaching Fellow||$137.00||Per Semester|
|V - Vendor||$225.00||Annual|
|HF – Honorary Retiree||$0.00||Annual|
|Free Park and Ride:
Staff and students may park for FREE at Med Park and ride the Colorado Express route into campus. Check schedule for times.
Transportation Services offers several different options for event participants:
* Paid hourly parking lots.
* Parking garages Highland Street and Union Circle.
* Daily parking permits (can include PDF, hang tag, or single use scratch-off permits).
* Parkmobile - (Click here for more information about Parkmobile)
To purchase permits please visit: UNT Parking Portal
For full Parking Rules and Regulations click here
9.0 PERMIT CLASSIFICATIONS
9.1 “BR” BOARD OF REGENTS (BLUE PAISLEY)
Only current members of the UNT Board of Regents are eligible for this permit. The permit is valid for all UNT System campuses.
The holder of this permit may park in any space on campus except in A - Reserved spaces in Lots 1, 2, 3, and 18; ADA spaces; No Parking areas; and fire lanes. A university or personal vehicle displaying this permit may park in any time zone or service/state vehicle space while being used for university business.
This permit may not be used by any individual other than the Board Member.
9.2 “AA” ALL ACCESS PERMIT (RED PERMIT)
The holder of this permit may park in any space on campus except in A - Reserved spaces in Lots 1, 2, 3, and 18; ADA spaces; No Parking areas; and fire lanes. A university or personal vehicle displaying this permit may park in any time zone or service/state vehicle space while being used for university business. The Director of Transportation Services must approve the issuance of all “AA” permits.
9.3 “A” FACULTY/STAFF RESERVED PERMIT (GREEN PERMIT)
“A” Reserved permits may only be purchased by full-time faculty and staff. Faculty and staff on a sabbatical are also eligible for these permits provided they purchase the permit for the duration of the sabbatical; these customers will be moved to the bottom of the corresponding waiting list if they do not purchase a permit for the duration of their sabbatical. Faculty and staff may park their vehicle in their designated space or lot or any "FS” or “Eagle” space. The subleasing of reserved "A" parking spaces is prohibited. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for "A" spaces are indicated in Appendix A.
Reserved “A” spaces and lots are enforced 7:00am to 5:30pm, Monday – Friday when the university is open. Vehicles parked in a reserved parking lot without the appropriate permit are subject to being cited, impounded, or immobilized immediately. After 5:30pm, vehicles that have been cited, impounded, or immobilized will be towed. The towing fee is issued as a separate citation. The fees can be found in Appendix C - .
9.4 “FS” FACULTY/STAFF PERMIT (BLUE PERMIT)
This permit is for faculty and staff and non-UNT employees working on campus in support of UNT operations. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “FS” lots and spaces are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “FS” permits are honored in all “FS” and “E” lots
• “TF”, “A”, “HD”, and specialty permits indicating “FS” spaces are honored in “FS” spaces.
• “FS” spaces located within all resident parking areas are enforced 24/7/365 and are identified by signs.
9.5 “TF” TEACHING FELLOW PERMIT (BLACK, YELLOW, OR PURPLE PERMIT)
This permit is sold by the semester to Teaching Fellows. Each department will provide a list of current Teaching Fellows to Transportation Services for verification.
• “TF” permits are honored in all “FS”, and “Eagle” spaces at any time.
9.6 “HD” HALL DIRECTOR PERMIT (LIGHT BLUE PERMIT)
This permit is sold to Hall Directors and their spouses only. These spaces are reserved 24 hours, seven days a week.
• “HD” permits are honored in all “HD”, “R” and “FS” spaces.
9.7 “HF” HONORARY RETIREE FACULTY/STAFF PERMIT (GOLD PERMIT)
This is a complimentary permit for retirees of the university who occasionally visit campus. Occasionally is defined as a maximum of five days per month.
• This permit may not to be used while working or attending class.
• This permit is honored in all spaces zoned “FS”, “Eagle”, and visitor spaces across campus.
• If a UNT Retiree returns to UNT to perform compensated employment activities, the “HF” permit is invalid and an appropriate permit must be purchased.
9.8 “R” STUDENT RESIDENT PERMIT (ORANGE PERMIT)
Upper division students who are returning to the university after their first two long semesters who live in a residence hall will be eligible for this permit. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “R” spaces are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “R” permits are honored in all spaces zoned “R” - Resident.
• Student Resident permits must be returned to Transportation Services when moving out of the residence halls. The “R” permit can be exchanged for an “Eagle” permit.
• The “R” permits are not to be used to park in any Hall Director “HD” space at any time. Vehicles parked in an HD parking space without the appropriate HD permit are subject to being impounded immediately. HD spaces are reserved at all times.
• “R” permit holders will be required to park in Lot 20.
• Or, “R” permit holders may upgrade to an annual permit for the Highland Street Garage.
• “R” permit holders can to choose to park in any hourly lots if they pay the additional hourly fee designated for that particular hourly lot.
9.9 “RR-RESERVED RESIDENT” STUDENT RESIDENT RESERVED PERMIT (ORANGE AND BLACK PERMIT)
Upper division students who are returning to the university after their first two long semesters who live in a residence hall will be eligible for this permit. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “RR-Reserved Resident” spaces are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “RR-Reserved Resident” permits are only honored while located within the permits’ assigned “RR-Reserved Resident” lot.
• Student Reserved Resident permits must be returned to Transportation Services when moving out of the residence halls.
• The “RR-Reserved Resident” permits are not to be used to park in any Hall Director “HD” space at any time. Vehicles parked in an HD parking space without the appropriate HD permit are subject to being impounded immediately. HD spaces are reserved at all times.
• “RR-Reserved Resident” permit holders will be required to park in lot specified on the permit.
• Or, “RR-Reserved Resident” permit holders may upgrade to an annual permit for the Highland Street Garage.
• “RR-Reserved Resident” permit holders can to choose to park in any hourly ot if they pay the additional hourly fee designated for that particular hourly lot.
9.10 “FCS” FIRST TIME IN COLLEGE STUDENTS (PINK PERMIT)
First Time In College Students are enrolled in college for the first time, live on-campus, and are classified as a freshman, sophomore, or junior in the college classification system. First time in college matriculates with enough college units earned while in high school to start as sophomores or juniors in their first term are defined as first-time college students.
• “FCS” permit holders will be required to park in lots 80, 81, and 85 for the Fall and Spring semester of their first year at the University of North Texas.
• “FCS” permit holders can to choose to park in any hourly lots if they pay the additional hourly fee designated for that particular hourly lot.
9.11 “HSG” GARAGE ACCESS CARD
The HSG Access Card allows card holders to park in the Highland Street Garage on levels 2-7. This access card is NOT valid in any surface, permit lot, or pay to park lots.
Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “HSG-R” spaces are indicated in Appendix A - .
• Sharing of garage access cards (Passback) is prohibited and is considered Theft of Service in the State of Texas. If a passback action is detected the system will automatically terminate your access card and your parking privileges will be revoked. No refund will be issued.
9.12 “EAGLE” EAGLE PERMIT (GOLD PERMIT)
This permit is available to all students living off campus. Enforcement periods and parking zone privileges for “Eagle” permits are indicated in Appendix A - .
• “Eagle” permits are honored in all spaces zoned “Eagle”.
• “Eagle” permit holders can to choose to park in any hourly lots if they pay the additional hourly fee designated for that particular hourly lot.
9.13 “EVN” EVENING PERMIT (LIME GREEN)
This Permit is available to students living off campus who are only enrolled in courses after 5:30pm. The permit is only valid between the times of 5:30 PM until 7:00 AM. Valid permit holders are allowed to park in “Eagle”, “FS”, and “A – Reserved” lots.
9.14 “BV” BUSINESS/VENDOR PERMIT (PURPLE PERMIT)
Business/Vendor permits may be purchased at the Transportation Services office. They are for use by companies providing the university with goods or services. Proof of eligibility is required at time of purchase and consists of:
• A letter on company letterhead affirming that the company does business with UNT, and
• The individual requesting a Vendor permit is an employee of said company.
Business/Vendor permits are honored in any space zoned “Eagle”, “FS”, Service, or Visitor for a maximum of two hours, or in any time zone for the posted time limit. Business/Vendor permits are only honored when the permit holder is conducting legitimate business with UNT. Personal use of a “BV” permit is prohibited.
9.15 MOTORCYCLE, MOTORBIKE, MOTOR SCOOTER PERMIT
Any motor vehicle (see Regulation 2.5) with two wheels is required to park in a space zoned “Motorcycle”. This excludes “A - Reserved” permit holders who may park in their designated space or lot. Permits must be permanently affixed on the left front fork of the vehicle or in a lockable, UNT-issued permit sleeve where it can be seen without difficulty. To purchase a lockable permit sleeve, see Appendix C - .
All individuals believing a parking citation was issued in error may appeal the citation. Citation appeals must be filed within 15 calendar days of date the citation is issued. Citation appeals are filed online (guest accounts can be created). Appeals cannot be submitted following the 15th day after issuance. Citation appeals will be reviewed by an Appeals Officer. The Appeals Officer will make a determination consistent with these regulations.
To appeal a citation please log in or create an account through the UNT Parking Portal
The Appeals Officer’s determination is final. No further action may be taken.
The parking appeals process applies to UNT parking violations only. City parking and traffic citations must be cleared through the Municipal Court of the City of Denton, Texas, on or before the time and date stated on the citation. Citations resulting in vehicle impoundment may be appealed through the normal appeal process but must be paid before the vehicle is released.
Collection Process Explanation:
To collect funds owed to the University of North Texas’ Transportation Services, receives services from a third party collection agency to assist in citation payment process. In addition to upholding the Parking Rules & Regulations, our office follows a specific citation collection process:
- The party responsible for the citation will receive three reminder notifications from our office once the citation is 30, 45, and 60 days past the due date. This letter will be sent to the primary address listed on the recipients parking account. If your address is not up to date, you may contact our office where a customer service representative will assist you with this process or you may update this information online.
- After 30 days, a late fee of $15 dollars will be added to the citation, and a letter will be mailed by the collections’ agency with information concerning the late fee and the information that the agency has collected. This data includes all information that is listed in your online profile.
- After 60 days, if the citation is still unpaid the collections’ agency will mail a notification informing the recipient that their citation and information has been received by collections.
Once your citation has reached collections you can pay your fee(s) in office, online, or to the collections agency directly via phone.
You can contact Citations Collection Services at 866-652-6920
All Sales Final. No Refunds.
All Eagle, R, RR, Garage Cards and Motorcycle permits must now be ordered and paid for online:UNT Parking Portal.
For students receiving VA Chapter 31 benefits, please email email@example.com for more information.
Faculty & Staff Permits
All sales final. No refunds.
Hall Director Permit Registration email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Fellow Permit - Please note that if you are not on the list provided by your department, you cannot purchase a TF permit. If you are a department needing to submit new TFs, email email@example.com.
- Union Circle Garage
Located at Welch and Union Circle by the University Union
1155 Union Circle, Denton TX, 76203
Hourly parking is available at Union Circle Garage (UCG). UCG is a credit card only garage. NO CASH accepted. See rates below.
- Union Circle Garage Hourly Rates
Union Circle Garage is a Parkmobile garage. No Cash accepted.
$2.25 per hour
Time/charge starts once a ticket is issued
Daily Max $18.00
Garage contracts are not available for Union Circle Garage.
- Highland Street Garage
Located at Ave A and Highland Street by the new Business Leadership Building. 620 Central Ave, Denton TX, 76201
Highland Street Garage is now open to hourly parking. See rates below. Cash or credit card is accepted.
- Highland Street Garage Hourly Rates
Customers may park hourly. Faculty/Staff and Students also have the option of purchasing a garage access card. A garage contract (access card) is only valid at the Highland Street Garage.
Faculty/Staff - Payroll Deduction is available for annual contracts only.
All garage access card requests will be completed online. Permits and garage access card sales begin August 1, 2017. Existing customers are encouraged to log in prior to August 1st to update all vehicle and contact information.
Highland Street Garage accepts cash or credit
$2.00 per hour
Time/charge starts once a ticket is issued
Daily Max $16.00
Lost Ticket $16.00
- Garage Access Card Rates
Full Year: $650.00
Semester: $350.00 per semester
Reserved: $1,200 per year
- Important Garage Information
Parking Garage Use and Availability: Garage Access Cards (as indicated on card) are valid only on the 2nd through 7th Floors. 1st Floor Reserved Annual Cards are valid on the first floor with an assigned numbered space.
Parking garages at the University of North Texas are closed during University holidays and are repurposed during campus-wide special events. Garages may also be repurposed in the event of emergency or for maintenance. Parking & Transportation Services cannot guarantee that parking garage spaces will be available at all times. Notice will be issued via e-mail before any scheduled holiday or event. Please verify with the Parking & Transportation office that your contact information is up to date.
Replacement of Garage Access Cards: There is a $25.00 fee to replace a lost/missing/stolen access card.
Sharing Garage Access Cards: Sharing of a garage access card (Pass-Back) is PROHIBITED and is considered Theft of Service in the State of Texas. If a Pass-Back action is detected, the system will automatically terminate your access card and your parking privileges will be revoked. No refund will be issued.
- Visitors that are not able to pay will be issued a citation and charged the maximum daily rate.
- There are no in and out privileges without an access card
- Lost tickets will be charged the daily maximum
- Semester and annual parking is available via access card only. Access cards are available from the Parking Office. Access card registration is available through the link on the top right of this page.
- Department validations are accepted only with prior approval from the Parking Office
- No storage of vehicles is allowed
- No repairing of vehicles (including changing oil) is allowed in the garage
- No open flames are allowed within the parking structure.
- No Motorcycles
- No Checks
- No Bills over $20
- Metered Parking Information
Meter rates across campus: $2.25 per hour in select areas using Parkmobile or digital smart meter. Meters no longer accept coins, please download the Parkmobile app.
Click here for current UNT Campus Parking Map
To pay your citation or submit an appeal please visit: UNT Parking Portal
Please be aware that our basis for giving citations comes from the Transportation Services Rules and Regulations. You may access the Rules and Regulations through this link: UNT Parking Rules and Regulations
Payment options to Transportation Services are as follows:
• Payments are accepted online 24 hours a day, seven days a week by logging into the Transportation Services website, transportation.unt.edu. Online payment methods include VISA, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.
• The Transportation Services office accepts VISA, Master Card, American Express,
Discover, Cash, Traveler’s Checks, or Money Orders. Personal checks will be accepted from any individual with an appropriate government ID such as a state driver’s license or military ID.
All returned checks will be assessed a Merchant Fee of $30 (Section 3.506 Texas Business & Commerce Code). All Hot Checks will be filed with the Denton Criminal District Attorney for collection and/or prosecution
Parking is an auxiliary operation. It receives no direct funding from either the State of Texas or the University. As such, the program operates through permits, fines, and fees generated by students, faculty/staff, and visitors who choose to park on campus.
Major uses of parking funds include: parking lot maintenance and construction, parking and traffic activities related to special events management, police and security-related operations; including, post 9/11 and Virginia Tech continuing security enhancements, and operation and enforcement of parking lots in accordance with our parking rules and regulations.
The entrance to the garage is located at 620 Central Avenue, Denton, Texas, 76201. 20-Minute parking is available on Ave A. The entrance to the Parking Office on the west side of the garage directly across from the Business Leadership Building.
The normal office hours are from 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
If you own a UNT Parking Permit, you can transfer the permit from your regular vehicle to another vehicle you own; the sticker is made to move from one vehicle to another. You will need to register your second/other vehicle at transportation.unt.edu , click on “manage my account” and then “add a vehicle”.
If you have two or more vehicles you will be driving to campus, you will need to register your second/other vehicle at transportation.unt.edu. Click on- “manage my account”, login into the portal and then “add a vehicle”. Note that ONLY 1 permit is allowed per customer. Permits can be transferred between multiple vehicles if needed.
If you own a UNT Parking Permit, you can transfer the permit from your regular vehicle to the rental car; the sticker is made to move from one vehicle to another. If you do not have a UNT parking permit, you will need to purchase a temporary day pass from the UNT Parking office, or pay to park in an hourly areas.
Please bring your student ID to the UNT Parking office, located on the first floor of the Highland Street Parking Garage, the entrance to the Parking Office is on the west side of the garage directly across from the Business Leadership Building. 20-minute parking on Ave A is available. We will be able to help you get a replacement permit if necessary.
Please bring your student, Faculty, or Staff ID to the UNT Parking office, located on the first floor of the Highland Street Parking Garage, just east of the Business Leadership Building. 20-minute parking on Ave A is available.
Our costs to provide and operate our parking program have increased significantly:
· Asphalt for repaving – on average increased 74% with significant expected increases as oil prices continue to rise in the marketplace
· Cement for concrete paving – on average increased 160% with additional increases expected in the short term
· Labor and Benefit Costs – increased an average of 26%
· Surface Lot parking spaces – costs generally range from $2,000 - $6,000 per space to construct
· Parking Garage spaces – costs generally range from $12,000 - $20,000 per space to construct
Priorities and progress towards the UNT Master Plan - As we move into the future, our UNT Master Plan directs us to continue developing our academic and institutional facilities in such a manner that we’ll be required to build new parking lots located on the South side of campus. Each new lot will range between $3M and $5M. Because garages and structures are extremely expensive to build and operate, the Master Plan encourages significant growth and support of other transportation options; such as shuttle buses, bicycles, carpools, vanpools, the proposed DCTA rail system, etc. to help us continue to reduce the need for individually operated motor vehicles on campus.
Permit prices are established based upon a number of factors, primarily including:
· Location of spaces – the closer or more preferred the location the more expensive. The same principle is used at the airport where ‘terminal” parking is significantly more expensive than “remote” parking.
· Privilege conferred by permit – “A” spaces are individually reserved spaces and carry a premium of 200% over the cost of regular faculty/staff “F/S” and Eagle spaces which are in preferred locations but only provide a space “as available.”
· It is possible to attend UNT for four (4) years, park on campus every day and never receive a parking ticket if you comply with the parking rules and regulations.
· We always have parking available on class days; however, that parking may not be next to the building or the individual’s parking lot of choice.
· We encourage the use of the shuttle system, car pools, bicycling, walking, etc. to save money, time wasted in traffic, reduce vehicle emissions, and reduce fuel demand.
At the end of your online purchase, there will be a notification box at the bottom of the page that will direct you to your printable temporary permit. This permit will be valid until you actual permit arrives in the mail.